My Reality


29 November 2015

This morning I woke up at 05:30AM. Looking out of the window of my hotel room on the fourth floor , I noticed it was raining.

The road passing by the hotel was deserted at this early hour of the morning. This in sharp contrast with all the commotion, large crowds and lots of traffic yesterday during the protest.
All of a sudden I heard the sound of a siren. Scanning the streets, I saw an ambulance with lights flashing making its way to the freeway at high speed. 

I actually held my breath to brace myself for memories of the young boy with the refuse bag I saw in town yesterday. I was wondering where he would be right now. Safe at home with his parents, or…? And I asked myself which is worse: the war or the fear of it.

A therapy session with an aid worker this morning, left me pondering even more and I formed my thoughts with care. Thoughts about leaving for the Netherlands in a few days’ time and going “back to the order of the day”. But what exactly is the order of the day? Is it another reality? But which or whose reality, where and when?  Does reality exist? I guess everybody has his or her own reality at any given time and place. I will have to accept and let go. But for now my reality is in Gaziantep helping traumatised aid workers.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day with four therapy sessions planned. I was therefor happy to experience some of the Turkish culture and visit the  Zeugma Mosaic Museum this afternoon. It is the biggest mosaic museum in the world and is situated right here in Gaziantep.

From a distinctly different reality I bit you goodnight.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten